The list of banned sites makes interesting reading and the ACMA Press release in response to the release of the banned sites you get an idea of the nonsense that is occuring in this government agency.
ACMA’s current list of approximately 1100 URLs relating to prohibited content and potential prohibited content hosted outside Australia includes material in the following categories:
- depictions of child sexual abuse;
- depictions of bestiality;
- material containing excessive violence or sexual violence;
- material containing detailed instruction in crime, violence or drug use;
- real depictions of actual sexual activity;
- depictions of simulated sexual activity which are not subject to a restricted access system.
So this would mean that sites such as xtube.com are banned as are ALL Adult sites as they show real depictions of actual sexual activity.